Wednesday, July 22, 2015

USING DOTS TO COLOR CURLY HAIR


This month the team and I have been focusing on fun hair colors, so I took the opportunity to share a fun way I like to color curly hair using this new image

Like coloring straight hair I like to add the deepest color for shadows and depth, with the pen to paper dot method.  I wanted to create my shadows and depth around the face, head band, bow and the tips of the hair


Using the mid-tone color I made dots from the dark color moving out into the white space


Repeating steps 1-2 I added the lightest color filling in more of the white space


Repeating steps 1-3, 1 color at a time I continued to fill in the white space until I was happy



I like to add the little extra dots outside of the lines to give a little more character to the shape of the hair

I hope that you find this tutorial fun and will add it to your list of things to try








5 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial, Deirdre. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tutorial, Deirdre! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the dotting effect, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! What a fun technique!! I must try it! Thank You for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow awesome tutorial. Thanks for the tip to colour curly hair.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete